Mold Testing Palm Coast FL
Visible mold can be a clear indicator of a bigger issue. However, in numerous cases additional mold is hidden behind drywall, in cabinetry, and under flooring. Our team of licensed mold assessors will work vigorously to find the location of the mold in the home by conducting in-depth tests to evaluate the type and magnitude of the mold damage.
A mold inspection should be done by a licensed mold assessor and indoor air consultant. The inspection is more than solely test taking. The best Palm Coast mold assessors identify the building and the potential causes of mold. The mold inspection report should identify the problem, determine what caused it, and advise how to move forward.
Mold Remediation Plan
A good assessor will write a plan that provides a road map for remediation. The protocol is a thorough report explaining what needs to be remediated and how it should be remediated. Not all remediators execute the same quality work, however if there is a protocol written by a qualified assessor, they are required to follow it. Remember the cause of the problem must be resolved before any remediation can take place!
Mold remediators in the State of Florida are required to be licensed. They also need to be certified from the IICRC which sets the guideline for cleaning mold, and other damage. Most estimates for mold remediation are based on square footage. Estimates from remediators should be similar.
Health Effects of Mold Exposure
How is your indoor air quality? Have you been sneezing and coughing more than usual? These may be symptoms of mold exposure.
Other symptoms can include skin irritation, congestion, and other allergic reactions. For the sake of your health, get mold testing if you or your family are suffering from any of these symptoms.
Does something smell off?
Many types of molds will give off a noticeable, moldy odor. That means the air that you and your family are breathing is very toxic. You may require mold cleanup services. If you notice a persistent smell in your Palm Coast home, it is time to get a mold test.
Does your Palm Coast home have water damage?
Mold grows in moist, humid atmospheres. If left unattended, standing water from burst pipes or flood damage may lead to mold growth. If you see water stains, cracked or peeling wallpaper, discoloration or other indications of water damage, there’s a likely chance hidden mold exists as well.
TCB EnviroCorp specializes in water damage restoration. We’ll conduct a thorough analysis of your Palm Coast, FL home or business. Our in-depth process involves several important steps.
We’ve designed a 5-step process to address mold growth in your Palm Coast, FL home.
- Assess the damage: A visual inspection and moisture meters are used to check the moisture levels present in walls, ceilings, floors, and cabinetry.
- Extract and dry: A vast array of water extraction and dehumidification tools are utilized to remove all the standing water from the affected surfaces, reducing the risk of further mold growth.
- Seal off contaminated areas: All affected areas are sealed off to prevent the possibility of airborne mold spores traveling to additional areas. Polyethylene containments are utilized to protect building occupants with negative air filtration purifying the air within the work area.
- Remove affected materials: Cleaning and bleaching affected areas will not remove the risk of mold growth. The only way to eliminate the threat is to either dry or remove the affected materials. Structural materials such as wood studs and framing can be dried, sanded and then treated with an anti-microbial solution. Cosmetic materials such as drywall and particleboard must be removed if not adequately dried. Need water damage repair or help with structural damage? We’re also a licensed contractor with professionals that can quickly restore the affected areas back to new condition.
- HEPA Vac Treatment: HVAC systems and crawl spaces receive a HEPA vacuum treatment to remove any latent mold particles as small as 0.3 microns with 99.7% efficiency.
Mold Remediation Verification
Our assessor will return to confirm the mold problem has been eradicated. We are skilled professionals who work meticulously to find the location of the mold, then perform thorough tests to evaluate the type of mold present. We’ll review the extent of mold damage and determine if you need restoration services.
TCB ENVIROCORP FOR PALM COAST, FL MOLD INSPECTION
If you suspect mold in your Palm Coast home or business, schedule an appointment with one of TCB EnviroCorp’s licensed assessors. We’ll investigate for evidence of mold, conduct appropriate testing to identify the source and extent of the mold growth, then check for mold damage.