Mold Related Health Issues
THE MOLD IN YOUR HOME ISN’T JUST DANGEROUS… IT’S TOXIC!
Mold consists of microscopic organisms, which grow in the bathroom, and throughout the home. Common greenish-black mold (Stachybotrys chartarum) thrives in walls, through the ceiling, vents, under carpets, and anywhere it can find moisture. The mold spores spread through the air, and we inhale them into our lungs. They spread from our lungs in the warm, moist internal environment. Exposure to mold may result in internal mycotoxin buildup that leads to chronic illness or disease.
CHRONIC ILLNESSES THAT RESEARCH INDICATES MAY BE MOLD-RELATED:
- Chronic lung or sinus infections
- Chronic fatigue
- Severe headaches
- Skin rashes
- Neurological disorders
- Memory loss
- Bronchial infections
- Swollen, sore glands
- Muscle aches
- Joint pain
Severe, high levels of exposure to mold can result in blindness, brain damage, lung disease, and it may even be fatal.
IS MOLD IN YOUR HOME?
Check your home to see if you have some of the warning signs of a mold infestation:
- Visible mold around shower corners
- Bubbling or swelling of bathroom flooring
- Musty odors, showers, bath, sink, or toilet overflows
- Inadequate ventilation
- Leaky faucets, plumbing
- Discoloration of walls, baseboards, doors, window frames, ceilings
- Moisture dripping from or around vents
- Loose, missing, or failing grout or caulk around tubs, showers, sinks, faucets, or countertops